.

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Counselling Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 2750 words - 1

Counselling - Essay Example I was quite anxious because I was afraid of being ridiculed if I did not perform as well as I had hoped1. On the other hand, I was ready to learn on how to prepare and deliver a presentation. Yes, I had my fears, but I also wanted to prove myself wrong with reference to failing. I wanted to make sure that failure to deliver my first presentation exceptionally was merely an impediment to future presentations, which I might just end up delivering effortlessly. I felt that there was always an initial time for everything, and this was my first time to deliver a presentation. I chose the topic of Domestic Violence by first thinking about what kind of issue I wanted to deal with generally2. I had a number of considerations, for instance, the issue for me had to be a problem that takes place in society and most probably involves what I have personally experienced or people I know have experienced. I wanted to get a topic that I was interested in since I knew that the research process would have been more relevant if I cared about the topic I chose. I also desired to pick something, which I wanted to learn more about making it easier to complete and more meaningful to me3. I started my search for topics on social issues on the internet and books. I had the aptitude to generate a listing of general social issues that exist today. Since I did not want a topic that was too broad, which could also avail too much information that would not be focused on, I did background reading on the social issues and narrowed the issues down by having subtopics below the main topics4. I also considered the subtopics on violence that had enough sources that I could rely on to help me make my presentation, therefore, making it easy to gather sufficient information for my topic. I was attracted to topics that were linked to violence because I have always abhorred violence. However, I did not have a lot of information on the topic and this led me to review the

No comments:

Post a Comment